Monday 17 January 2011



This is a picture of Jeremy Hunt Team Sky. We've been training together in Spain. Its hard work he is strong but we get on well and it helps to take your mind off the miles when you can chat easily. There are not so many cars on the roads here so we rarely need to single out and let them past. Its so easy to train here. The motivation it takes to do each hour is at least half of what it would be to do the same miles in the UK. Such a pleasure. I honestly appreciate every day I get to ride, and without rubbing it in to all those who don't have the time to train this much, but I am glad this is part of my job and I'm not sitting at a computer all day in an office!! I am very intentional about making the most if it while it lasts and I can ride to a good standard.

Another thing I have been noticing is the laid back approach to riding here. In London I get up early every morning and head out in a bit of a rush to get back in time to fit everything else I have to do into each day. Here, we get up about 08:30 - 09:00 and leave the house at 10:00 - 10:30. Partly because the temperature is very cold at night, 5-6C and it warms up as the sun comes up to about 16-17C in the afternoon. Also there is always dew and water on the roads till about 11:00 - 11:30 and that is dangerous, means you often go down the descents at the same speed you went up them because roads here are very slippery when wet! Any way its been a pleasure not to feel rushed every day even though I am still productive everyday after training. But I think that is just the London way... rush rush rush!!!

Will try and take some better pictures and make some regular posts. Till then ride safe.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment